Co-sponsored by the Flemish Marina Community and the French Marinas Federation, the next in ICOMIA’s continuing international marina education conference series, will be held May 25-28, 2008, at the Media Center in Oostende, Belgium.
IMC 2008 promises an exceptional opportunity for individual marina operators to ask the experts how to successfully operate and manage a marina in today’s environment.
Marina experts from around the world will engage in lively interactive panel discussions covering current issues. You are encouraged to submit your questions ahead of time, and come prepared to ask them and take part in the discussions.
Alliances for Progress will be the major theme, including such topics as:
- Strengthening bonds between marinas and nautical tourism interests in government and industry
- Recommending new and innovative approaches to marina profitability
- Determining which investments in marina facilities and services produce the greatest returns in customer satisfaction
- Convincing government, the community and investment capitalists of the significant economic impact of marinas
- Holding down the regulatory costs of doing business
- Preserving space for marinas in multiple waterway use management planning and competitive bidding with non-water dependent users for waterfront property
- Making the case that marinas are environmentally friendly
Persons knowledgeable and experienced in these subjects are encouraged to submit papers providing a basis for panel discussion. These papers will be published in the IMC 2008 Conference Proceedings and preserved for posterity in ICOMIA’s Online Boating Facilities Information Library.
Handy to the conference hall, there will be a conference exhibit centre where you can visit manufacturers and distributors of marina equipment and component systems and services.
The conference’s organized tour features visits by boat to some of the first-rate marinas in Flanders such as Nieuwpoort Marina in Belgium and Dunkerque Marina in France.
For more information on IMC 2008,
Steven Desloovere (steven@imc2008)